Monday, April 12, 2010
Bath tub relaxation
I love taking baths. I know that the prospect of stewing in your own filth is not very appealing to some, but I find it to be a great stress reliever. The warm water soothes my aching muscles and those few moments of alone time help to clear my mind and rejuvenate me. In December for our anniversary, Brian bought me a jacuzzi insert for the bathtub. I didn't even know they made those so it was a huge surprise. I looked forward to utilizing it during labor, but unfortunately that did not go as planned. I probably use it one or twice a week now. Because I like to multitask, I commonly use this time to also eat food, drink a cool beverage, and/or read a book or magazine, for example this morning I enjoyed some pineapple with cottage cheese, an apple, a bottle of water and this months Ensign. It was a nice way to start the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm usually not too fond of baths and I usually shower the same day that I take one (less filth) but lately I've been taking every opportunity I can get. I prepped my visit teaching message last week while I was bathing. =) I'm glad you get to relax! It's a very important thing to remember to do
ReplyDeleteI have taken one bath in the three years I've lived here. Even though I've cleaned the tub, I cannot get past the visualization of some kids pooping in the tub. Dirty kid washing place isn't the place to be relaxing myself. Maybe some day I'll have some of the luxuries you do!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to send me a link to those jet inserts. They sound so relaxing. I didn't know they made them either.
ReplyDeleteErin Leigh: Brian bought it from bed, bath & beyond, but I don't think they sell it year round. I tried to find a picture of it to post with my blog post, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it will show up again for Christmas time.
ReplyDelete