Monday, April 12, 2010

Working & Motherhood

This past week was a strenuous one as I got little sleep and worked 3 full shifts W, F, Sat nights. It was my last full time week as I am now half-time (2 nights a week) and I am so thankful. 3 nights was just too stressful and as Brian said, he wants me to be happy. I'll mostly be working every F and Sat night. So, our insurance premiums will double, but we are tightening our budget and although we won't be able to pay off our car as fast as we'd like to, it is so worth it to have more time at home raising Ella. I would like very much not to have to work but 1 or 2 days a month, but that is our goal to work towards.
The other morning when I got home from work, Ella was in her crib awake and just looking around. When I approached the crib and looked down at her she saw my face and gave me a huge smile and proceeded to gleefully wave her arms and kick her legs. She must have missed me. I snuggled her up in my arms and kissed her, for I definitely missed her. Ella is growing up so fast and I'm looking forward to being there to praise her with every new accomplishment.

2 comments:

  1. What a special moment with Ella. Remembering moments like that with R always makes me smile. I'm glad you got what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo happy for you that you are done working full time. I know it must have been hard on you to do that and having Ella. But enjoy every moment and if you need any help let me know. I am back home now and things are slowly but surely getting back to where they need to be thank goodness. So I think I can actually say now if you need help let me know and I can actually do something about it. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete