Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Addendum to "When Technology is Smarter than You"

Some things I left out of the previous blog post:

Halfway through the phone call, Eloise woke up from her nap, hungry, and so I breast-fed her while talking on the phone and following the technicians commands. I'm adapting by becoming more creative with my multitasking.

Also, since I had reset my modem, I needed my att.net email address and password. I can't believe I didn't know what that was since I use it so often (not). So, the guy had to look it up for me. For security purposes I had to answer the security question... Who is your favorite actor? I'm thinking in my head "I did not set this question up, Brian did. I hope I don't get this wrong...is it Denzel Washington?" That is correct. whew. I'm so glad Brian didn't change his mind. It could have Mel Gibson and I would have been wrong making me end the call right then, call Brian and start the process all over again.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. At least it was a reputable actor and not someone like Jean-Claude Van Damme! I have terrible stories about having to deal with my cable company; one time they asked for my password and my favorite restaurant, and told me my responses were wrong! I just happened to be looking at the paper I had written them down on, and said, "no, they aren't! I'm staring at them right now!" I had to go thru the entire process all over again, and when I answered the questions the second time, my responses were correct! How's that for maddening?

    ReplyDelete