Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pregnancy and Spirituality


I have really enjoyed being pregnant. Since the first trimester was over and done with, I have felt great. I'm not quite ready to end this stage in my life, but life must move forward. I am looking forward to meeting my girl face to face and getting to know her personality, but there is always that cloud hovering in my thoughts 'Will I be a good mom?'. I admit I am frightened about the new responsibility I now have to raise one of Heavenly Father's precious spirits. I am blessed with this new calling, but I find myself asking why I have neglected to ask Heavenly Father for more help and guidance. I have let my job supersede many of life's more important things and find myself lacking that spiritual connection with my Father in heaven. This Christmas season, I have been pondering on what Mary, the mother of Jesus our Savior, went through during her pregnancy. Mary had feelings of doubt and inadequacy with such a great responsibility, and I do too and am grateful that although my calling is a great responsibility, it is not one that measures to hers. I know that I will be able to be a good parent with Heavenly Father's help, and he would not expect me to do something I couldn't handle.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog. I look forward to reading about your journey as a mom and seeing your beautiful family grow. I can't wait til I get to meet your little girl! I'm sure you are more anxious than me :). Don't worry I had the same feelings as you. You will be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aslinn,
    What you said really hit home for me. I admit to feeling many of the same inadequacies and gratitude for knowing that I am not on my own. When people ask me about my pregnancy I always tell them that we are so excited and slightly terrified.
    When I was working at Cook I also found it difficult to maintain a "spiritual connection," I never could figure out how to balance it all, but I know it is possible and I hope you can figure out how to because I know how important it is.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a beautiful new year complete with a new baby girl. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you started blogging! Now we can keep up more. And don't worry, I know you'll be a wonderful mom. Everyone doubts themselves at times, especially us women. Can't wait for your little girl to make her appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will be a wonderful mom! I have always been thankful that babies come completely helpless. As they grow up, you learn their needs and personalities and grow up with them. Fortunately for you, there are lots of family and cousins close by. And best of all, Heavenly Father is always there and available.

    Love you,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that was deep. You'll be a great mommy. I have no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great first post! I hope you continue to be spiritual in your writings :) I love to read such uplifting and personal entries. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete