Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Great Escape

I think that Eloise is starting to manifest her latent ninja skills as part of the Nelson clan. She has the ability to escape from her mommy's swaddles. Keep in mind that Aslinn is a professional swaddler, so it is no small task to escape from her swaddles, unlike daddy's swaddles which are pretty weak.

Eloise is also able to avoid capture. Eloise is almost always perfectly quiet and still, until daddy tries to trap her within a diaper, or her clothes. At which point she unleashes a rapid series of punches, kicks, and twists which frustrate and prevent all attempts to restrain her. Keep in mind that at the time this post was written Eloise is 5 days old. Soon she will be unstoppable.

She is also quite the master of distraction. As mentioned above, Eloise is almost always perfectly quiet and still. Which she uses to lull the surrounding crowd of admirers into a pacified state. Then without warning she is un-swaddled, her socks are gone, and her cap is off. Is she a nudist, or an escape artist? I don't know. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Brian, you are so funny. I am loving getting to know my niece from your perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very amusing! I love hearing/reading stories about my niece...*hint hint*

    ReplyDelete