
Aslinn's water broke at 9am on the 18th while she was at home, so Brian came home from work and we packed up the car and made it to the hospital by about 10:45am. We checked into the labor and delivery room and after a little while of walking around contractions started at about 2pm. By 4pm the contractions were getting pretty bad and Aslinn was shaking between contractions. The nurse checked and she was at 4cm. About 45 minutes later, Aslinn requested some pain medication and the doctor suggested that it was time for the epidural. The doctor checked Aslinn's progress and found she was at 7cm almost 8cm and by then Aslinn was really needing that epidural. The nurse anesthetist barely put the epidural in on time, and when he was done Aslinn was almost to 10cm. Eloise dropped her heart for a little while and Aslinn had to put on oxygen, but it came back up while Aslinn pushed. Within 15 minutes Eloise was here and healthy. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy girl.
On Saturday, Eloise got to meet her cousin Jack when Jon & Erin came to visit. Uncle Arthur & Uncle Alex got to meet Eloise also when they came later that evening.
For all those other mothers out there, you may understand, but I had my first postpartum cry today. I just got a little (or a lot) overwhelmed and the little things just kept building up, one of which, I've been trying to post this blog all weekend, and it has just kept messing up. I think I finally got it all figured out though. Thanks to all those celebrating with us for Eloise's arrival.
Yay! I was mentioned by name in your blog! Great baby story! Again..a little jealous at how easy you make things look :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing and posting pictures! I can't wait to meet her! I knew she was going to come while we were gone, haha. How come I'm the only one who is terrible at pushing??? ;) j/k
ReplyDeleteAnd as for those hormones....I'm sorry. I hope they adjust quickly. I found sleep to be the best cure for me when I got overwhelmed. It was hard to sleep because I just wanted to stare at Reagan but I felt much more loving after a good nap.
I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations again. She is beautiful!
ReplyDelete