Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Adventures of Hairdressing

I've been attempting to do something with Ella's hair other than let it hang wildly in her face. A friend of mine suggested "training" her. Everyday place her in her booster seat and distract her with a show and/or snack.
Day 1: screaming even while combing her hair, break, gathered one side and managed to put a rubber band in-relentless screeching-so I took her to the mirror all the while exclaiming her cuteness and keeping her hands from pulling out my work. She calmed down and laughed and giggled at herself in the mirror. I managed to get the other rubber band in-i didn't know she could scream any louder. After a few moments of peace I managed to take a picture of a not so happy princess. Day 5: She didn't fight or cry about it, but mischievously ripped one side out on our way to the park leaving a lone pig tail on the side of her head.Day 10: She doesn't fight it anymore and exclaims "Cute!" whenever I finish. She loves to pick out her bows, but without fail she pulls her hair out in the car. Day 15: Still pulls out her cute hair, so I took her mirror in the car away to see if that helps. Out of sight, out of mind right? We'll see. I hope I don't give up. I want her to look presentable in public, I want her to look like I take good care of her (because I do).



 






No comments:

Post a Comment